Thursday, June 07, 2012

Transmedia and response


A brief post to highlight what I feel is an important thing to take into consideration in transmedia projects.

For once I’ve found the time to read something a little bit longer than blog posts and tweets, so I’ve been reading up on communication, on pitching, and am thoroughly waiting for Andrea’s book on producing transmedia.

I felt the need to share one sentence that I found in one of the books I’m delving into, as I feel it resonates pretty intensely with a couple of projects I’m working on at the moment. The quote comes from Richard Bandler and John Grinder, who co-created an effective definition of communication: "The meaning of communication lies in the response it gets."

Too often, especially if caught up in production/distribution, do I find myself occupied with developing what is going to be put out there next, too busy with planning next moves and new updates and next series and further installments. Too seldom to I take the time to actually analyze responses, ask further questions, show interest and engagement back, interacting with and involving the audience.

My point is that this is crucial. And it needs to be the creative(s), the director(s), the producer(s) who are doing this. It’s not enough to hire someone to be “community manager” and be the voice of the production or the project or the brand. The people creating more content need to be in touch with the responses, analyze these, draw the right conclusions and amend coming content in accordance with the results of the conclusions. This, whether they like it or not.

I for one will do better from now on!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Saya juga baca artikel dari kakak mengenai :
obat vimax original
masalah seksual yang sering dialami pria
cara membesarkan mr p